What we’ve been reading & tweeting this last week:
- “A campaign to “go local” appears to be paying off for #Ontario #wine makers and microbrewers, an LCBO survey shows.” http://t.co/w2kH0a6
- The average Brit drinks 5800 pints, 8700 wines, 2900 ciders, 5800 shots, 1450 cocktails and 1,450 glasses of bubbly over his/her lifetime: http://t.co/KSePlyz
- AC/DC, Snow Patrol and Train take the stage as the newest band of bands to hit the bottle: http://t.co/WrBVOMo
- “Some wines deliver more than you’d expect” http://t.co/bM1pE79
- What’s a reserve wine? http://t.co/OE3LEAz
- “App in One Hand, Wine Glass in the Other” http://t.co/wRRqZUw
Fave Wine Fact of the Week
The Whistler Tree is harvested every nine years with the 1991 harvest produced 1200 kilograms of bark, more than most trees yield in a lifetime, and enough cork for 100,000 wine bottles!
Read more: jacksonvillewineguide.com
We’re working on the finishing touches of our brand new web site and we’d love to feature your cellar – a cellar you built using Rosehill kits or one Rosehill built for you. Send pics to email@example.com and we’ll make you cellar-famous!
Would you like to see alcohol units & calories declared on wine labels? Vote here.
:: Toast photo taken by François Roche via Creative Commons Licensing ::