Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your fave winos, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- The Best of Prince Edward County Wines ::link::
- How do I pick a cellar-worthy wine for a gift?
- Argentine reds are affordable luxuries: Gord on Grapes ::link::
- Oregon Chardonnay Speaks Up ::link::
- Wines of The Times: ’04 Barolos ::link::
A Curious Coupling … That Works
Odd Pair: What Wine to Serve with Frito Pie?
There is perhaps no dish that inspires connoisseurship among Texans as much as Frito Pie.
Shrouded in mystique and lore, this mighty staple of rigorously authentic Texas gastronomy, speaks to the citizens of our state like no other in our culinary canon. By combining indigenous ingredients and formulas — Fritos, invented in San Antonio, and chili con carne, actually known simply as chili in our state, as one adoptive Texan learned dutifully when he made the mistake of calling “turkey chili” chili — this supremely Texan of victuals marries all the things we love best: Fat and spice.