Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your fave winos, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- “Pairing wines with Malaysian food” ::link::
- “Summer’s a good time to drink pink wines”
- “5 Most Popular Luxury Sparkling Wines” ::link::
- “Wine: Zinfandel makes perfect grilling partner”
- AC/DC Wine Now Available in the US” ::link::
A Curious Coupling … That Works
How to Pair Wine with Junk Food – Forget the Cheese
Much to my surprise, I learned that I wasn’t alone when I recently came across a magazine snippet about how to pair wine with junk food. Intrigued, I did a little more research, and get this… it’s actually trendy. Really!! I suppose there’s something to be said about a fun, new challenge. As crazy as it sounds, it is really more of the same. After all, isn’t pairing and enjoying wine all about playing off the flavors? These flavors just happen to be out of a foil bag, rather than off of bone china.
Verdicchio Di Metallica or Grenache Blanc
– acidic enough to handle the intense cheddar
– pair with Cheetos