Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your fave winos, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- Barolo: King of Wines, Wine of Kings
- Hogue Cellars Genesis Riesling, Altesino Brunello Di Montalcino: Best LCBO Wines Feb 16 ::link::
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with a surprising drink combo (and wine recos too)
- 10 Wines for Valentine’s Day
- Forget the pairings: 13 wines that don’t need food ::link::
A Curious Coupling … That Works
What wine would you serve with alligator?
Why, whatever the alligator wants to drink, of course! But seriously, though, alligator meat tastes similar to veal, and I’ve also heard it described as a cross between chicken and rabbit. It depends on the preparation, but I think the best bet may be a soft red wine like a Pinot Noir or a light, dry white like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.