Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your favourite wine lovers, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- “California wine gets back to its roots”
- “Riesling: Oregon’s Best Kept Secret”
- “Australia’s 4 Most Important Wine Regions”
- “$8 wines becoming hard to find — Suddenly, the new normal for freshly accepted wines is $14.95”
- “5 great wines from the 110 new Vintages offerings”
- Push your palate: Six reasons to sip wines from the wild side
A Curious Coupling … That Works
Wine Dude: Twinkies (and their clones) pair with sweet wines
Last fall, when Hostess went out of the Twinkie-making business, I roamed around town looking for a box. I didn’t find any, but I sure wasn’t one of those fools bidding for them on eBay. Oddly, I don’t like Twinkies much, but it was a blast stopping into every grocery store I came upon over a couple days.
Now that they’re back on shelves, the first thing I thought of: Twinkie and wine pairing!