Each Thirsty Thursday we help you get ready for the weekend ahead with a round up of the best wine reviews and pairings from your fave winos, oenophiles and beyond . . .
- 7 reasons why sauvignon blanc is sexy this summer
- Baco Noir Might Be America’s Most Patriotic Wine ::link::
- 5 great wines from the 110 new Vintages offerings ::link::
- A Pinot Grigio for Everyone ::link::
- The extraordinary and forgotten origin of Florida’s wine culture
A Curious Coupling … That Works
Nontraditional Wine Pairings: Pairing wine with peanut butter and jelly?
For our first round, we attempted to pair French fries, an order that we had taken home from a local restaurant. The verdict was – surprise, surprise – Merlot. Perhaps because of the starch base of the fried potatoes, the slight heaviness was actually rounded out by the Merlot, which effortlessly upheld the fries’ crispy taste.