Here at Rosehill Wine Cellars, we have a passion about building amazing custom wine cellars. We also appreciate that the earth is where wine comes from. Fetzer Vineyards makes wine in ground-breaking ways that benefit the environment, and we think that’s worth kudos. While striving to produce something in a responsible way, they also achieved noteworthy wine making. If it weren’t for beautiful wines like those made by Fetzer, custom wine cellars wouldn’t be so much in demand. So we salute Fetzer and toast the wine maker for his achievements.
Barney Fetzer began the venture of making wine in 1968. Instead of following the old rulebook, he operated with a completely earth-first philosophy. There in his Northern California vineyards, he charted a new direction that the industry has recognized as worthy of following.
Fetzer Vineyards was built and is maintained with sustainable practices. For example:
- In 1999, Fetzer Vineyards became the first California winery to operate on 100% renewable energy.
- In 2005, Fetzer became the first wine company to publicly report greenhouse gas emissions with the Climate Registry.
- In 2014, Fetzer became the first wine company on the planet to be Zero Waste certified.
- Fetzer has a B Corp certification, which is the highest commercial standard for social and environmental responsibility
But How’s the Wine?
The wine produced from Fetzer Vineyard grapes is as noteworthy as the commitment to the earth. For example, Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 was a “Wine Enthusiast “American Winery of the Year” Nominee. Here are some tasting notes on Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon:
- Complex aromas include black cherry, blackberry, vanilla, oak, and a hint of herbs.
- Zesty flavors in the wine are ripe blackberry, mocha, toffee, and vanilla.
- This wine is a delicious and hearty companion to steak, ribs, and chops.
Fetzer’s award-winning Sundial Chardonnay is a classic, providing the perfect complement to fish, pork, and chicken. Tasting notes follow:
- Complex aromas include pineapple, banana, honeydew, vanilla, lemongrass, hazelnut, and clove.
- Zesty flavors are melon, pear, citrus, and baked apple.
Now, About Wine Cellars
Just as wine makers like Fetzer need to know a lot about how to make wine that delights the taste buds, we need to know how to perfectly preserve wine, particularly as it ages. We do! We build custom wine cellars so that wine enthusiasts, connoisseurs, sommeliers, and wine collectors have the perfect environment they need.
We recognize that making wine is especially notable when consideration is made to ensure earth friendliness. We believe it’s also important for wine lovers to understand the importance of providing wine with the right setting, so that it can be enjoyed as intended. We appreciate the art of wine making, and custom wine cellars built by Rosehill Wine Cellars are perfect reflections of that sentiment.